The State Enterprises and Parastatals sector is one of the sectors that Government, under the Transitional Stabilisation Programme, has opened for international investors through partial privatisation. This is being undertaken through targeted privatisation of State Enterprises and Parastatals, which are very lucrative and are key to the country’s turnaround strategies.
In this regard, the Government of Zimbabwe invites interested strategic investors to take advantage of the wide range of investment opportunities being offered in the State Enterprises and Parastatals sector. The strategic investor/partners are expected to inject capital and bring in technology and expertise.
The following State Enterprises and Parastatals, within their respective sectors, are open to foreign investors:
• TelOne Pvt Limited, NetOne Pvt Limited, and ZIMPOST Pvt Limited —Telecommunications & Postal Services Sector.
• 17 Zimbabwe Mining Development Corporation (ZMDC) subsidiaries — Mining Sector.
• Agribank Pvt Limited, People’s Own Saving Bank (POSB), and Infrastructure Development Bank of Zimbabwe Pvt Limited (IDBZ) — Banking Sector.
• Petrotrade Pvt Limited— Energy and Power Sector.
• Industrial Development Corporation of Zimbabwe (IDCZ) subsidiaries namely, Chemplex Corporation,Zimglas, Willovale Motor Industry, DevenPvt Limited — Manufacturing Sector.
• Allied Timbers — Forestry & Timber Sector.
• ZUPCO—Transport Sector
• RMS—Transport Sector
LINK: INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITIES IN THE STATE ENTERPRISES AND PARASTATALS SECTOR: PRIVATISATION PROGRAMME IN ZIMBABWE 2019
LINK: STATE ENTERPERPRISES RESTRUCTURING AGENCY: https://sera.co.zw